I’m very happy to have my May synesthesia socks behind me so I could start my June socks. Last weekend I searched through my stash and realized that I didn’t have the right yarn for June. So off to the LYS I went in search of a brown sock yarn that a) contained nylon and b) was not madelinetosh. Tough, that. I guess brown is not a very popular sock yarn color. But in the end I came home with some exquisite Dream in Color Smooshy with Cashmere in the colorway Chocolate Night. The staff at Natural Stitches and I decided that this color is definitely more brown than burgundy, so it was all systems go for my June socks! And here they are so far:
I’m calling this design Freshet. The diagonal swirl across the ribbing reminds me of a raging stream that jumped its banks.
1. A sudden overflow of a stream resulting from a spring thaw or heavy rain.
2. A stream of fresh water which empties into a body of salt water.
This afternoon I took a break from knitting to do some Zumba! on my porch. I realized that I didn’t have any songs by my favorite duo Wisin y Yandel in my Zumba! playlist, so I added some new material. I’m pretty happy with this new and improved lineup but whew I’m exhausted!
1. Follow the leader – Wisin y Yandel (feat. Jennifer Lopez) (warm up)
2. Zumba he Zumba ha – DJ Mam’s (feat. Soldat Jahman, Luis Guisao)
3. Las mujeres – Grupo Gale
4. Danza kuduro – Don Omar
5. I need to know – Marc Anthony
6. Pegate – Grupo Treo
7. Yo no se mañana (salsa version) – Luis Enrique
8. Lovumba – Daddy Yankee
9. Beautiful liar – Beyoncé (feat. Shakira)
10. Shake it up – Mara (feat. Barbero)
11. Latinos – Proyecto Uno
12. El amor – Tito “El Bambino” (cool down)