Hot off the needles, my Aidez (designed by Cirilia Rose). It’s been ages since I’ve made a sweater for myself. I heavily modified the pattern, but I think it still bears some resemblance to the original. One major modification was to use Cascade Eco wool because I had almost¹ enough in my stash. This wool is thinner than the specified yarn so I knit the size large to get the schematic measurements for the smallest size. I added rows to the armholes (since my row gauge was way off) and reworked the decreases using Maggie Righetti’s compound raglan shaping method from her sweater design book. I also widened the sleeves an inch or so around the bicep, since people have made comments about the sleeves being a little tight.
Another modification was to replace the large trellis cable on the back with smaller elements. I used the seeded wishbone cable (over 6 rows, not 8 rows) and the ear of corn. I didn’t use the right and left cross-stitch cables at all. I made up this chart in Sconcho for the back. (click chart to enlarge)
The sweater has a unique construction which I’ve never tried before and it was interesting to knit. I’m pretty happy with it!
¹ Funny thing about Eco wool. After I finish a project I always have a lot of this yarn left over, and I delude myself into thinking I have enough left to make another project. Of course I run out near the end of the new project and have to buy more, thus the cycle continues…