Aidez started off well. I did all the necessary preparations. I knit not one but two swatches; the first in stockinette stitch and second in the cable pattern. I blocked the swatches, measured gauge, reread the entire pattern, made some modifications to the cable charts, did the math and decided which size to knit. I cast on, knit for about 8″ and stopped to admire my handiwork. Something seemed a little rummy, so I pulled out my tape measure only to find I had carelessly written down the wrong number of stitches from the pattern when I did my calculations and my sweater is way too small… Unfortunately, complete frogging is imminent. *sigh* So, to postpone frogging, I decided to cast on something entirely different. A hat called Tummelum for Markus with some Plymouth Happy Feet sock yarn from my stash. The color is milk chocolate brown with a touch of light purple. (The light blue yarn is the provisional cast on).