I finished these socks for Markus a while ago and somehow never got around to posting about them. I couldn’t be more pleased with how they turned out. Markus likes them, too. In fact, he’s wearing them right now!
Pattern: Skyp Rib Socks by Adrienne Ku (free pdf pattern in Ravelry)
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Select in the colorway River Run
Needles: US 1 – 2.25 mm
Happiness factor: Love love love!!!
This pattern is really well written and easy to follow. I did make a few mods to the pattern to accommodate Markus’ larger feet (the pattern is written for women’s size small).
1) The stitch pattern is a multiple of 6, so I cast on an additional 12 sts.
2) I didn’t use a contrasting color for the cuff or heel because I’m lazy (who, me??) and didn’t want to sew in any extra ends. I worked 12 rnds of the ribbing and went straight into the leg pattern. No purl round after the ribbing.
3) Heel flap: 36 sts in patt st as written.
4) Heel flap: Repeated R1-R2 17 more times (instead of 14).
5) Heel turn: (R1) K20 instead of k16. (R2) P7 instead of p5. Continue from here until 22 sts rem.
6) Picked up 19 sts along edge of heel flap.
7) Toe: Rep R1-R2 until 36 sts rem (9 per needle), rest of toe as written.
This Cherry Tree Hill yarn is the smooshiest, springiest, softest sock yarn I’ve ever worked with. I will definitely buy more of this yarn in the future. Hmmm, seems like spell check doesn’t like the word “smooshiest”. Well, you get the idea, right?
And now for a goofy photo of me modeling Markus’ new alpaca mittens I just finished last night at SnB. I’m wearing my brand new glasses which I’ve been told make me look taller. Excellent!