Last month my Aunt gave me her sewing supplies, including a Singer sewing machine, tons of fabric, tons + 1 spools of thread, tons + a box of buttons, and tons + infinity sewing needles. That’s a lot of sewing stuff. So this weekend to honor her memory, I decided to use some of the bright red corduroy fabric and sew up some pillow covers. I wonder what project she had originally earmarked this fabric for? At any rate, it sure makes some fab pillow covers. They sure do brighten up the room!
(While you’re looking at the photo above, please notice that there is no clutter on the coffee table. This is a rare sighting, kind of like Halley’s Comet.)
The machine had some tension issues which involved adjusting the tiny screw in the bobbin case. I didn’t even know there was a screw in the bobbin case to adjust bobbin tension! I learned how to do it through a YouTube video. Sadly, the Singer instruction manual that came with the machine is pretty useless. And it’s riddled with spelling and grammatical errors which were meticulously circled by my Aunt! ❤
In knitting news, almost all of the projects I’ve currently got on the needles are gifts and therefore unbloggable. The only thing that is bloggable are the socks I started with the Sweet Georgia Tough Love Sock yarn from Knitty City. I needed something to knit at the airport, so I wound the yarn at the gate, cast on 64 sts and worked a simple 2×2 rib. Easy, yet surprisingly pretty for boring ribbed socks. Must be the yarn.