Yesterday the plan was to spend the morning sitting in my Poäng chair, sipping coffee and leisurely swatching some new design ideas I have swimming around in my head. I went into the den to pick various yarns to use for my swatches, when… I found some unwelcome visitors in my stash. I was surprisingly calm about the whole thing. It’s happened in the past and it will definitely happen again in the future, so why not just roll with it?
Anyway, I proceeded to pull out all the drawers of stash yarn in the den (I haven’t checked the stash in the other rooms yet) to check it for little pests. This is what happened to the room. It looks like a yarn bomb went off.
Fortunately, there were only a few questionable skeins. Those went straight into the freezer. I also found numerous swatches which were still attached to balls of yarn. At this point, these swatches serve no purpose whatsoever because I didn’t bother attaching a note to the swatch that lists what needle size I used or what the stitch pattern is. Yeah, real smart. So I ripped them all out. It took me over an hour to steam all this crinkly yarn back into a usable form, and I overheated the tea kettle in the process.
The one good thing that came of all this, if you call finding insects in a yarn stash good, is that I found some yarn I forgot I owned. I cataloged some of my yarn and added it into my stash on Ravelry
(sans photos). I have yet to open the big bag o’ wool to see how it’s fairing. I have some other yarn in a garbage bag in the freezer that I should catalog too. Perhaps today would be a good day for that because it’s hot hot hot out and the yarn is cold cold cold…