Today I officially turned 3…*mumble, mumble*. I’ve been bumped up into the higher age bracket in all those pesky surveys. And what did I do on my birthday, you didn’t ask?
1. Got up early. Seriously, shouldn’t there be a law that anyone celebrating a birthday ought to be allowed to sleep in?
2. Opened my cards. Dave sent me yet another corker. I think we’re secretly trying to outdo each other with bizarrely awesome cards. I think he won this year. DH got me a *gift card to Natural Stitches which is hands down the best, most “inspiring” yarn store in the Pittsburgh area. Now what kind of yarn should I buy?
3. Sent my proposal to Interweave Knits for their Spring 2011 issue.
4. Went to work. Who told my birthday it could fall on a Monday? When I was little, the best thing about having a summer solstice birthday was that I could go to the beach instead of school.
5. I ATE CAKE! Last year on my birthday we went on a cake quest. All I wanted was a nice piece of cake and a cup of coffee. Not a cookie, brownie, or pastry. Cake. We walked to 5 coffee shops before we found actual cake. So guess what DH surprised me with today at lunch? A piece of CAKE! Fancy cheesecake with a slab of chocolate in the center and caramel drizzle on top. Just what the birthday girl in the higher age bracket ordered!
6. I was treated to a fancy coffee drink at Starbucks by my favorite baristas who are just plain awesome. I may have mentioned before that I. Love. Starbucks. I think they need to put a “reserved for Susan” sign on my table.
7. We went out to dinner at Star of India and I had some delicious Malai Kofta.
*I was secretly hoping someone would buy me a Def Leppard t-shirt for my birthday. It didn’t happen. But yarn money is good, too. I could buy some yarn and knit myself a Def Leppard t-shirt and… wait, no.