Kate’s Cardigan is coming along slowly but surely. As you can see here, I have the right front almost done. I just passed the underarm decreases and have a few more rows to do before shaping the neckline. The stitches look a bit uneven here, but blocking should do the trick…
When I started the front, I was worried that the SSK and k2tog symbols were inadvertently switched in the lace chart. But it all worked out just fine as written. It’s a really pretty lace pattern that I’ve never seen before. I like how it looks like swirls traveling up the front. I hope I can finish it soon, although I need to start working on another design I’ve been mulling over for the last month.
Spring has sprung
Last week my in-laws were visiting, so we took them to Phipps for the Spring Flower Show.
They also have a tropical plants exhibit. These two plants caught my eye. It looks like someone painted the leaves. The first one is a rattlesnake plant, and the second is a zebra plant. They look so interesting. I wish I could have taken them home with me, but since my apartment isn’t tropical, they probably wouldn’t have been too happy! Plus, I’m sure I’d forget to water them.