If you’ve been keeping up with my posts, I’ve been showing all the awesome things my knitting group has made with their self-dyed sock blanks. So now I’ll show you what I’ve been working on. It’s still a WIP, but you can see my progress.
First of all, I don’t know what I was thinking when I dyed this sock blank. The colors are really wacky. The dye was from Knit Picks, and the colors I used are emerald, sapphire blue, pink, chartreuse and aztec gold.
My sock blank is the one on the bottom. I intentionally left some undyed spaces on either side of the green stripe, but after I rinsed the blank the green sort of bled, so there really isn’t much white left.
The pattern is one I found on Ravelry (where else!). It’s called Red Hot Socks, adapted from a Charlene Schurch pattern by Anne-Marie Kavulla. I wanted to make socks with some kind of pattern, but nothing too fancy or lacey, since I didn’t really know how the colors would knit up exactly. I really like this stitch pattern.
Here’s the sole of the sock. Lisa said the colors started knitting up like a Van Gogh painting. So I’m calling them my Starry Night Socks (even though there’s more pink and green in the yarn than in the painting).
And in other news, a design I submitted to Knotions was accepted! Yippie, that makes 5 designs in a row that have been accepted to various publications. How Phelpsian! 🙂