So not to completely perpetuate the girls and “math is hard” stereotype, but seriously, math is hard. Especially when it comes to resizing patterns. Markus and I spent 3 hours last Saturday in Starbucks trying to figure out how to resize the Sadie baby dress to fit different infant ages. I finally felt confident in my numbers and we left to treat ourselves to dinner at Chipotle.
Then I spent Tuesday morning, all of it, at the kitchen table creating a lifesize schematic of the dress in those 3 sizes, just because I don’t know baby sizes from anything and needed to see if it actually looked like the right size (or if it even looked like a dress). All went relatively well, apart from the stiff neck.
So last night I come to realize that my initial gauge measurement, 4.125 sts per inch (or spi) was incorrect. I remeasured the finished dress, and it should have been 4.25 spi. Now that may seem like a minor perturbation, but over the whole dress, that equates to an extra half inch of incorrectness. Boo hoo. So I have to resize everything. But since I calculated and proportioned everything with the same incorrect gauge, it shouldn’t be too difficult to fix (says the girl who quoted Barbie above…) It was just one of those “D’oh” moments. This (really bad) picture shows the dress sans buttons. I’ve since sewed them on. I haven’t yet embroidered on the skirt because that’s hard, too!
So some good news… I finally have my Ravelry store set up! Yay, I can sell patterns through Ravelry! I have the yoga mat bag pattern up for sale, and was hoping to get “Sadie” finished by now to post it, but I’m still in math heck with that one. SO WISH ME LUCK WITH THIS HECKING MATH!